Whether selling your home or looking for a new one, the over 1,800
REALTORS® in Winnipeg and the surrounding area work together to help you. This network allows Realtor’s to share information and resources that place you in the best position possible to secure the biggest financial investment most people experience in their life.
Who is a Realtor?
Not all licensed or registered brokers and salespeople are Realtors. Only real estate licensees who are members of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Subsequently, members of WinnipegREALTORS® are Realtors, who are committed to a high standard of professional conduct, ongoing education, and adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards of business practice. Using the service of a Realtor, helps in disclosing maximum property information and facts, therefore reducing your risks.
Teaming up with a Realtor provides you with invaluable access to professional real estate expertise and knowledge. You benefit because:
• Your representative can help determine your buying power and refer you to lenders best qualified to maximize your loan and minimize your cost.
• Your Realtor has full access to all the features of the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®), Canada’s most powerful real estate marketing network.
• Your representative provides local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, etc. They can assist you in making the best choice selecting an environment where you and your family can grow.
• Your representative has a finger on the pulse of the housing market and is knowledgeable about the latest developments and trends in real estate.
• Your Realtor has access to the MLS® system for facts on comparable pricing, neighbourhood trends and housing market conditions, data you can use to set your best course of action and maximize your home’s resale value when you are ready to sell.
• Your representative can negotiate the best deal. There are myriad negotiating factors, including price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings or equipment. Through their negotiations alone, you often can save more than the cost of their service.
• Your representative assists you in providing due diligence to evaluate the property. This may include inspections for mould, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your representative can assist you in determining what conditions to recommend and assist in finding qualified professionals to investigate and provide a report to you.
• Your representative can guide you through the sales process making sure everything flows smoothly from initial offer to closing.
• Your Realtor markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often Realtors will provide guidance on staging or repairs that enhance the salability of your property. Your Realtor will harness the power of the MLS® to expose your property to a large network of qualified buyers, as well as co-ordinate marketing through the most effective array of other advertising media.
Only members of WinnipegREALTORS® have access to the marketing exposure of industry publications, such as the weekly Real Estate News and the Real Estate News Condo Lifestyle magazine.
You are protected when you work with a Realtor for a number of reasons:
• All Realtors are graduates of a real estate education program and are committed to pursuing ongoing professional development courses.
• Realtors must adhere to a strict code of ethics and standards of business practice — your guarantee of professional conduct and service excellence.
• All Realtors carry errors and omissions insurance.
• A licensed brokerage supervises the business conduct of all Realtors to ensure their compliance with Manitoba law.